Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 - Pastel School


Got a new book from NorthLight Book Club on pastels and am trying to work with them and learn some techniques. Can't seem to find a teacher anywhere for just drawing or, specifically, figure drawing, so will have to learn myself from books, I guess. I like the Hazel Harrison books - I have one for watercolor painting which is excellent. She has one on painting in acrylics, too. Very detailed, lots of exercises, and good instruction if you can't get it in person.




And the Art Wolfe dvds and books came in Saturday for Jerry. We've both been enjoying them very much. Excellent photography on the dvds and good comments and the books are well done, too. My only negative comment was they never emailed me when the stuff was posted but that could have been a computer glitch that let me end the transaction without putting in my email addy (and then I guess it couldn't be added after the fact although someone at his shop said she would do it). If you can catch the shows on your local PBS station, do - they are great! (Art Wolfe: Travels to the Edge).

No comments: