Saturday, June 16, 2007

Saturday, June 16, 2007 - Sketches



I intended to work more on the Cool Gators - but didn't. Got my Michael R. Britton (http://www.artacademy.com/) printouts and worked on some of his lessons on sketching portraits.

1 = foreshorted and lying down












2 = model with a long face and leaning in towards us (I obviously need to work on the eyes!)




















3 = scowling and hand on head



All of these done with graphite on heavy Strathmore drawing paper. But I need to expand a bit and use something other than graphite, I think - maybe try out my new pastel pencils and other things for fun and some color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your drawings have such expression in the lines. Keep it up. The foreshortened one is so good! see you in a week.
Sandy

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Sandy :) Have fun during your painting trip...