Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Well, painting a self-portrait is hard. All kinds of harsh thoughts come up about your face shape, your lips, your eyes, your wrinkles and saggy bits!! I should have started this about 10 years ago when I still looked pretty good :) Knowing I'd have a hard time with this and be too critical - which would keep me from painting well - I decided to paint myself as another famous portrait. After thinking about it for a couple of days, I came up with this.
Rhonda as Frida Kahlo.
Now, I wear glasses always - and my hair is short with bangs. Other than that, the features are mine but the eyes gave me fits and they just aren't right. And my dear husband said, "You're prettier than this," which is why I still love him after 12 years together :) haha

Now time to go back and work on the Leaves and Berries painting...






3 comments:

Deb said...

What a chic portrait! It's quite lovely dahling!

Deb said...

Hi Rhonda,
I hope it's ok, I linked to you on my blog. I enjoy looking at your work. If you'd rather me not, please let me know, and sorry for any problems.
Deb

RH Carpenter said...

No worries, Debi. I know you from WcW as a new member. I just like to know who has linked my site to their site. Have a wonderful day (with all those new watercolor goodies you got for Christmas, I don't see how you couldn't :)
Rhonda