Tuesday, May 24, 2011

WORKING ON UNFINISHED PAINTINGS


Well, I didn't do a good job on that skirt and will have to work on it some more before I can call this one finished.  But here it stands at this point.


A Woman's Pain
Half sheet (15" x 22")
Saunders Waterford 140# cold press paper.


And I see that I made my left eye much larger than my right eye in the self-portrait (and didn't see that until this morning when I was taking the photo).  My eyes are small and "squinchy" so my right eye is pretty accurate and the left I made too large (wishful thinking?).

Oh, well, I don't think I'll bother with it as it was just for me and I've taken it as far as I can go right now.  Maybe I'll let this one sit for a while before I return to it. 

Speechless:  An Expressive Self-Portrait
Half sheet (15" x 22")
Saunders Waterford 140# cold press paper


I think the only one I'm happy with and feel is finished is this one...










WHAT???





19" x 19.5"
Arches 140# cold press paper



Have a good day and be safe, wherever you are.


6 comments:

debwardart said...

What??? I love it!!!

Jane said...

They are all very special, and a part from your self portrait, definitely not common subjects.

Rhonda , hope you are well.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Rhonda, three nice paintings, but the last, with the crow is super! That's a real winner!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Deb!!

Jane, I'm good. Had a very nice day today. But called to court tomorrow for possible jury duty :(

Thanks, Christiane. I'm glad people like the crow!

Carol Flatt said...

Rhonda, I enjoy your blog and artwork very much. You have very original, thoughtful subjects and I love reading your prose. I love the directions in which you go and always look forward to visiting!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Carol!