Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Figure Study Tuesday Night


Tuesday in watercolor class I started another SmokyMtStream painting. I tried to do the drybrush technique over the previous painting I did on hotpress paper but I just wasn't getting it to work for me. So just began another the usual way. Sandy liked this one better than the previous one because she said that first one was 1/2 and 1/2 in colors (green and rusty brown) and no predominance. I like the start of this one, too, but that water is going to be the test!

Our model Tuesday night didn't inspire the women very much (2 of us left early and 1 other expressed the same thing). I don't know what it was but I had an uneasy feeling while drawing him. Oh, well, they can't all be positive experiences, I guess.

2 comments:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

You may not have felt "inspired" by this model, but you sure are showing improvement with every one of these life drawings you do! I love the modeling of the muscles that you are achieving, very nice.

Susan

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Susan :)