Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday, August 16, 2007 - SmokyMtStream, Spoons Redux and Card for Chris



I worked more on the Smoky Mt Stream painting. As you can see by the second photo, I need to darken some areas still to match up the photo better but not much more to do...does the water read water? Streaming water?











I also began what will be a more blue-purple version of the spoons. The handles will be warm against a cool mix of blues and purples.



And just so I wouldn't get bored, I also painted a small birthday card for Chris (our son-in-law = Jenny's husband). We will see him and the granddaughters Saturday for a family birthday get-together. This is on a small piece of Textured Clayboard.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Rhonda. Your smokey pix is looking very good. How about some softened edges to some of the water shadows. Check your reference to see where the edges are not sharp, but rough or soft. DRY BRUSH a bit along edges to create water look too, maybe. Keep those whites, tho. A touch of splatter may 'dance' up the water also. Just ideas to consider....
S

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Sandy. I'll look at those edges!