Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - Tuesday Night Figure Studies



Sandy missed the figure study group last night - off to a workshop. But I went and did these. As always, short 10-minute poses to warm us all up and then a longer (1 1/2 hour) pose to work with. I had trouble with the short poses - he used a large pole/walking stick as a prop and I think it threw me off a bit - he folded his hands over the stick which made it hard for me to get the hands right. Oh, well...posted just the long pose - did these only in graphite in my 9 x 12 sketchbook - didn't feel like doing anything larger. I think having a headache didn't help but I'm glad I went. Next week we move to Essex Studios and it's twice the size and new and light and air conditioned and heated and will seem very luxurious after the grungy warehouse experience :)

I think the second one looks more like him in facial features and body shape (I thinned him down in the third too much). I need to really work on hands and feet for improvement or else always work from the model's back!





























No comments: