Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunday, May 27, 2007 - I've Been Tagged!!!

Well, my watercolor friend, Michelle Himes has tagged me - I know this has been going around for a while because other blogs have mentioned it but never thought it would happen to me. So now I have to tell 7 things about myself that no one knows (well, someone will know, I'm sure) and also tag 7 people who haven't been tagged (is that possible??).


1. I have been a practicing Buddhist for 3 years.


2. I will be married to my wonderful, adorable, sensitive, happy, smart, cute, Marine Biologist husband for 12 years this June.


3. The best trip I've ever taken = Hawaii (Oahu, Big Island/Kona Coast, and Kauai/Waimea Canyon)


4. The worst trip I've ever taken = Belize (Blue Creek and South Water Caye)


5. I have a younger brother and a younger sister and we repeated the same series as my father and his 2 sisters (oldest sister, middle brother, youngest sister).


6. I try to paint every day but belong to so many online groups and local (real life) groups, it's getting hard to get anything done!


7. Currently in my home there is one cat, one turtle, 2 salamanders, a green tree frog, a dozen crickets and today my husband rescued and released an injured (or stunned) baby cardinal (but not before taking numerous photos of him - or her - everything is fair game for photographic material around here).


And the people I am going to tag are:

1. Ann Buckner http://annbucknerpaintings.blogspot.com Ann has been a painter friend for years and she does great landscape and still life works in watercolor and acrylics (but she's way too hard on herself).

2. Steve Sorrell http://crocoite.blogspot.com Steve has a wicked sense of humor and has a great hobby of finding and collecting minerals that can be as beautiful as any abstract painting you'll see.

3. Shanti Marie http://shantimarie.wordpress.com Shanti Marie does some beautiful work and has a daily blog and a weekly blog (for larger pieces) - she is also a DailyPainter artist.

4. Molly Brose http://mollybrose.com/mollyblog.html I don't really "know" Molly but I check her blog almost daily to see what she's done lately. She has a unique style and I love her work! I just checked and I can't email her - so hope she doesn't mind that I love her work and want others to love it, too :)

5. Jan Smiley http://jsmileystudio.blogspot.com I don't know Jan, either, but love her canyon works - the colors are intense and beautiful and make me drool - she is also a DailyPainter artist.

6. Carol Gillot http://parisbreakfasts.blogspot.com Well, I got hooked on parisbreakfasts and now I have to have a daily dose!! Carol's work is light, lovely, interesting and always makes me want to see more - plus she shares great photos of Paris cafes and desserts!! YUM!

7. Belinda Del Pesco http://belindadelpesco.blogspot.com I first found Belinda at eBay when I saw her Frida and Diego paintings and got hooked then. Her work encompasses watercolor and various printing techniques that I don't understand but love the look. She is a fine artist in every sense of the words!

I hope I didn't break the rules by tagging artists I don't really know but I did share the ones I check on almost daily - so I kinda know them, right? And I think this is a way for viewers to check out some artists they've never seen and maybe fall in love with, too.

3 comments:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Rhonda,

I enjoyed looking at your choices of artists for this tagging project. I was disinclined to join in due to enery/time constraints after my husband's accident, but I thoroughly enjoyed romping through your choices! Thanks for the intro to these artists/free souls who are so creative in their art and thinking.

Susan

Michelle Himes said...

What a great selection of artists you picked, Rhonda. Thanks for playing along, and I don't think tagging people you don't know is against the rules. I love the variety of art produced by your favorite artists.

Michelle

belindadelpesco.com said...

Thanks for the tag and the compliments RHC... I'm buried at the moment, but I'll try to visit later and reply.
Thanks! B.