Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sunday, May 13, 2007 - Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day today to all biological, step, adopted, and surrogate mothers today!




Put another light coating of the pearlescent glaze on the bathroom walls. Better. Maybe Jerry won't hate it when he comes home from his trip to the Smoky Mts. It has a shiny, pearl covering over the base paint of Tahitian Blue (which is a sea-green). Looks like the pearly inside of a shell. And the shelves and doo-dads back on the wall and around the room so it looks finished. The item in between the two shelves is an acrylic painting I bought from Robin Pushee (she lists as pretypleese on eBay). She does tons of mermaids and after watching and bidding on several, I finally won one that wasn't watercolor (wanted acrylic because I always intended to hang it in the bathroom). This one is on wood and is a collage piece - a pretty pink and blue mermaid with a 3D look. I just checked her work again and she's changed to more a child-like mermaid series.

2 comments:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

I love the color of these walls! Sounds like a complicated process to get them to this stage, better you than me, but I do like the effect. Looks very tropical/beachy!

Susan

RH Carpenter said...

Susan, it actually was pretty easy - just a 4 step process from priming to final glazing and it worked out. The funny thing is, it could have all been done in 2-3 days, tops, because the room is very small. I just lost the energy and motivation and then didn't know what I wanted to do until I thought of the glazing with the pearlescent color.