Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Monday, May 14, 2007 - Can the Rose be Saved in Class?


Sandy said to bring the UGH rose to class and I did. I didn't think it could be saved and she thought it had potential. If it had any, I killed it! But she also said I had to show it - not sure why but you can't always has success and sometimes the failures are pretty darned spectacular! ha-ha This thing has watercolor, texture medium, gouache, collage pieces, watersoluable oil pastels and inktense watersoluble pens - tried everything and just couldn't get it to look like anything but a mess.

Now, the other rose painting I'm still working on is still looking good - need to go darker in the bg area. The misket is off to some whites still to blend and not sure how much I want to do to the rose itself - I like this look so far but more to come later...







No comments: