Tuesday, May 31, 2022

YES, WE HAVE NO BANANAS?


 There is something interesting about bananas growing and the large pods that hang down while the recognizable bananas are small and in bunches here and there.  A photo reference taken in a Florida garden last year.  Almost finished.  

I find myself painting more slowly than normal - and it is making me a better painter because I am taking the time to see better.  But the true color of this large pod stumped me so I just added cool and warms here and there to mimic the colors.  No one would know unless I told them.  

Need to finish this one - and finish the cactus (which just has one small part to finish).  

2 comments:

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

The combination of colours is lovely. You can see the silky sleekness of the foliage.

laura said...

I love banana flowers too--such great colors and shapes! Your painting is looking great!