Friday, May 27, 2022

SLOWLY MOVING TOWARDS COMPLETION

 


Not sure why we often get into painter’s slumps - and find no inspiration anywhere, in spite of many things blooming and growing and greening up around us.  But it happens.  I imagine it has a lot to do with the world’s problems and so much hate and anger seeping in to our souls.  


I am almost finished with this one and am liking it so far - one more red flower to paint and it will be done.



Hope you are all doing well and can find places of respite and calm in your days to soothe your souls.  I’m finding it hard right now but this will pass.  A good soaking rain will help (and we are getting that).  

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

yeah a lot of the time it is world stuff that gets to me and stops me from creating

laura said...

Prickly pear is a great subject--the flat planes, the complementary colors ... I really like the directness of your approach and the resulting fresh color.
A perfect antidote to "the world"!