Friday, December 31, 2021

WHO’S A HANDSOME BOY? OTIS

 


Our dentist got a new dog.  His name is Otis.  He is an old soul, totally chill and so people friendly that  everyone who meets him loves him - he’s great for hugs and attention when you need a therapy dog at the dentist!  The dentist posted a photo of him (he posts one every so often so we Otis fans get our fix) and I liked it so much I thought I’d try to paint this mostly black dog with the pretty golden brown eyes.  This is on a block of Arches 140# coldpress using only 2 colors - Lunar Black and a bit of Cerulean Blue.  


2 comments:

laura said...

Really nice, Rhonda! Black pets are so hard to paint! Otis looks great and I love the purplish color in the background.
Happy New Year!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Laura. I wasn’t sure about the bg color - glad you like it.