Tuesday, July 13, 2021

AND NOW WE DO A FINAL PAINTING - MAYBE



What has the planning and painting small studies done to help me with the final painting?  Let’s see…


I used masking fluid to mask off the areas I will paint pink and the bridge area as well as the white egret and the white pelican in the foreground.  I moved a few things around and brought the bridge farther into the painting - not so far to the right.  




Using the masking fluid frees me up to put down more darks in between the slats of the bridge and darken the underneath area and posts 

3 comments:

laura said...

The dark under the bridge is really effective!
I find most useful thing about studies to be 1) making me think about values (though it's still hit or miss there for me!) and 2) as you say seeing what needs to be moved or changed or left out!
Nice work!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Looking good...

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Laura and Lisa :)