Tuesday, May 25, 2021

GATHERING REFERENCES


Although painting has been slow going lately, I’ve been out gathering a lot of reference photos to use when I feel the desire to paint full out again.  So here are just a few…have been on many walks and to the Cincinnati Zoo and gardens, woods, and swamps, even!!







Kangaroos at the Cincinnati Zoo, plus flamingos sitting on eggs, and even a section for beekeeping.  So green and wonderful and not too crowded - yet.  You still need to make a reservation to go there, even though it’s free for members.   





2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

you can never have too many ref photos, even if you only end up using one of them 😀

RH Carpenter said...

I agree, Jennifer, so take a lot more than I’ll ever use - but sometimes you need two photos of the same thing from different angles to get the drawing and painting right later. I don’t do plein air so take lots of photos and use them for the paintings I make.