Saturday, August 31, 2019

WET-IN-WET BUT NEED DARKER VALUES ALL AROUND



I've decided that my paintings don't have enough oomph - which means value changes.  So...will return to some of these small paintings done wet-in-wet (hard to get really good dense darks when painting wet-in-wet because you go back to look and, when it's dry, it's very much lighter all over). 


I will add some dark interest to them and then repost the best ones.


Cliffside

11 x 15 inches
Fabriano Artistico 140# cold press paper

7 comments:

Chris Lally said...

You are so right about value problems with wet-in-wet watercolor. I'm afraid to go back and look at some of mine...
Looking forward to you posting more about this:)

Jennifer Rose said...

wet on wet is def hard to get dark values with, i usually trow on way too much pigment and then cross my fingers it will work, sometimes it does, other times...well I tried and thats all that matters lol

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Interesting interlocking abstract shapes in this one - look forward to seeing how it progresses. I have been looking at the courses you have signed up to they look very inspiring.

Sadami said...

Dear Rhonda, Just take it easy. An outcome of watercolour painting depends on a weather and other elements, too. An artist's experience and instinct handle it. Kind regards, Sadami

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Chris, Jennifer, Lisa and Sadami!! Well, I got as far in this effort as pulling out the paintings I think are too pale and wishy-washy but haven't done a thing. My mojo has deserted me. Family illness causing me to not want to do anything creative right now :( Maybe next month...

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Sorry to hear that Rhonda - hugs x

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Lisa.