Tuesday, August 27, 2019

SKETCHBOOK STUFF 1

Not inspired right now.  No enthusiasm for painting so...


Just opened up my sketchbook (thin paper so have to be light with the pigments and water) and came up with a couple of sketches that might become paintings later - or they might just remain as is.  



Burn
8 x 11 sketch




Sometimes it's hard to keep going when there's no road to follow - but, I know, that is what makes it fun (when it's fun).  





Run
8 x 11 sketch



Need to stay off the news and Facebook - both are depressing with all the news about the Amazon burning (saw a FB post that reported that NASA says the fires are always burning this time of year and media is making us panic - so checked that and the poster picked one article, not the latest that said the Amazon is burning at a higher rate now and more land burned in the last 9 years - so check your FB stuff because people pick and choose what they want to promote their own agenda :(  And that makes me sad, too.  

5 comments:

laura said...

That's a great idea, Rhonda!
I am in the same situation--after a summer, like yours, of a lot of painting!
I'm trying to get a sketchbook going; hoping it will generate ideas--and enthusiasm

Candy said...

Rhonda, I think you're right about all of it - the sketchbook and staying away from the news. When I was teaching, I found a good news site for my students. I can't remember the name anymore. If I run across it again, I'll send you the link.

Chris Lally said...

A very good thing to do during these spells. We can all relate:)
Yes, the Amazon fires - scary stuff. And it is also scary that we have to sort through a dozen "news" sources to get to the truth.

Candy said...

Hi! I found that site. It's called Gimundo, but it looks like they've stopped posting. The students used to love it - uplifting news only. I don't know what happened, but I think the most recent story was from 2018. At least they tried.

Jennifer Rose said...

facebook is never a source of news, most of the stuff posted is for a lack of a better word, crap :p

hopfully you do turn some of these into paintins, they are very nice as is :)