Sunday, September 23, 2018

WET-IN-WET STYLE A LA EWA KARPINSKA


Wet-in-wet painting from the Ewa Karpinska book.  You can try to paint it like the photo in the book, but it never turns out the same.  I remember doing paintings in watercolor class where we all painted from the same reference material the teacher provided - and each painting was different.  We all have our own take on things, our own style showing through, and our own choice of colors.  



I'm not unhappy with this; it just doesn't look like her painting.  Of course, she's a master at wet-in-wet painting.  

The last few wet-in-wet paintings have all been takes on her paintings in the book and none of them look like the painting in the book :)  


Happy October!


3 comments:

Chris Lally said...

I'm glad the paintings look like Rhonda's :}

Jennifer Rose said...

I agree with Chris, the painting is def you
it is very interesting when us artists all try to paint/draw a ref and they can all end up looking so different. shows we have a different style :)

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Chris and Jennifer :). I’m glad they look like mine, too, so I guess I’ll never become an art forger :)