Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A WEEK CAN SEEM LIKE A LONG TIME

It's been just over a week since my last post.  I did not disappear or get lost in vintage postcards.  Instead I started having computer gremlins that, finally, caused me to give up and call my best IT person - my sister - to help me out.  Seems like, from all indications, my Malware program was fighting for control of the computer with my McAfee program and making my computer nonworkable.  So...my laptop (which I normally use for blogging, etc.) has been out for scanning, cleaning, getting back up to speed, etc.  It is almost 8 years old and probably will need to be replaced soon.  The iPad I bought Jerry for his birthday several year's ago, is also becoming slow and stubborn.  Looks like new computers are in the works for 2018.

Until then, I have 2 butterfly postcards done and will share when I can.  (I did think that my laptop problems were caused by the online class, but my sister says that is not the case so I can watch the rest of the videos when I get the computer back).  

It sometimes seems like a week flies by but it's been a week since I was last able to post and it seems like a looooong time!!

Hope you are having a good January.  Did you see the Super Blue Blood Moon???  I saw a fuzzy misty white thing in the lower part of the sky around 6:45 this morning and then it was gone.  Didn't get much of a look of the eclipse from here.  

5 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda I hear your pain regarding computers. My brother is my IT PERSON. Isn't it good that we have family to come to our rescue!! Hugs

AK said...

Enjoy the break while it lasts! Yes we did see the super blue red moon along with the eclipse. It was very clear here in India and was an awesome sight. A neighbour brought out his telescope which made the sight even more special. Hope your PC comes on line fast and ends your break.

Jennifer Rose said...

I thought you just went on another quick beach holiday :)

no blue moon here, we were out of range of it. the moon was a bit bigger tho :)

Caroline Simmill said...

Hi Rhonda I was wondering how things are with you. You have been quiet. Computers are something we rely on so much these days. We miss them when they are not working. It could be a good time for simply painting or reading art books! before long you will be back with us all again sharing your latest paintings!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Debbie, Asit, Jennifer Rose and Caroline, for sticking in with me through this. I'm not sure how long it will be before I get a new laptop, but it will happen before the month ends, I'm sure. Using the desktop when Sweetie is not using it is actually working (now that I can - somewhat - use his photo program to resize my images).

Asit, sounds like you got the best view of the super moon! Glad you enjoyed it.