Tuesday, January 3, 2017

GOOD THINGS

Sweetie bought me 2 very cool gifts for Christmas...


(1) 
The electric dotpen from Cuttlelola.com is a quick and easy and fast way to stipple in ink.  The inks now come in black, blue, pink and yellow so the colors may be a great way to merge colors to get other colors.  Right now, the kit came with black and I'm learning that.  It does take a little practice and I'll get better = more detailed.  But right now just doing a few little coasters I have lying around for artwork.  Pretty cute but simple.






















(2)
This is a WorryEater doll and her name is Seggo.  She is fantastic for a worrier.  You write your worries on a piece of paper, put them in her zippered mouth, zip up and she eats them = no more worries.  Ah, if life were only this simple!  But isn't she cute?

I also got an Impressionists Coloring Book full of paintings by Monet, Van Gogh, Morrisot, etc.  Plenty of paintings to color in and enjoy.

And, of course, chocolate - Harry and David Peppermint Bark = YUM!


Hope Santa was good to you and that the New Year brings you much joy.

Haven't been painting or posting = got a cold after Christmas and feeling yucky for a while.  I'll be back on track soon.






10 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda - stopped by to visit - hope your cold will be better soon. Looks like Santa was very good! The New year looks promising with both of these presents...one to enjoy a new creative endeavor and the last to make you smile...think I have some worries I could put in your doll...may I send them to her :)! Have a wonderful new year and get feeling well. Hugs!

Sadami said...

Hi, Rhonda, they are wonderful presents. I love the second one most! Cheers, Sadami

E.M. Corsa said...

Feel better soon, and fun with your new toy!

RH Carpenter said...

Yes, Debbie, Santa is always very good to me - he must not see me when I'm bad! ha ha. I was thinking I would share her - so if you have worries, just think about them long enough to send them to Saggo through the airwaves - that way, your worries will be eaten by her (I'll leave her mouth unzipped for your worries to enter) and gone :). I think - and hope - that most of our worries are not big ones!

Sadami, I love Saggo, too - she is wonderful! I had never heard of these but they are available all over the world - made in Germany and you may be able to find one of your own. We all have worries even if they are just, hopefully, small ones.

Thanks, Elizabeth, I am on the mend but still tired - good think it was just a cold as the flu would really knock me out! I am practicing a bit with the dotspen - pretty cool toy and now I see that it's available in the latest Dick Blick catalog but the inks are available on Amazon. I may get colored ones (blue, yellow, pink) for birthday coming up. I don't ever intend to grow up - it's obvious! ha ha

Jennifer Rose said...

I want to try one of those pens one day but prob couldn't hold it if it is really bouncy lol

hope the cold/flu is getting better still

RH Carpenter said...

Jennifer Rose, the tighter you grip the pen, the harder it jumps and judders so you lightly hold it at a slant and let it tattoo the paper = pretty darned cool and I've seen some masterworks done with it online. As for me, I'm still at the starter stage but getting the hang of it more. Just have to start thinking in black and white more...or get colored inks. I have stopped taking cold meds and pain meds for the cold because my blood pressure was very high according to the nurse yesterday (just a routine checkup) so...back to normal (meaning low) today and feeling much better. Hope you are feeling good, too and thinking about all the new things you'll do this year!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

An electric dot pen?!? This sounds like a great new toy! I've not heard of it before but it sounds like a lot of fun, I might just need to investigate. Enjoy :o)

RH Carpenter said...

So far, so good, Lisa. I need to play with it more to really get better - plus it's hard for me to think in black and white!

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Hi Rhonda, thanks for sharing some of your xmas gifts. That pen looks really cool. I just watched some videos and it reminds me of exactly how you described it...a tattoo pen.

I'm not sure if I can stand the noise! LOL! Do you find it to be very noisy?

RH Carpenter said...

I used it for a while, until it started to run down, today, Carol, and I felt a twinge in my forearm like it was overworked :(. I don't pay attention to the sound, reminds me of a sewing machine (my grandmother's old one :). but I may not want to use the pen for 20-30 minutes at a time. We'll see how it goes as I use it more. I do like what it will do and definitely wouldn't do the stippling without it - takes too much patience! ha ha