Thursday, November 1, 2012

A FEW MORE PAINTINGS FROM THE CHRISTOPHER LEEPER WORKSHOP


I didn't take my camera the first day (I knew I'd forget something!), but Susan Grogan, my painting buddy who sat next to me, sent me photos she took from the first demo/painting Chris did.  Thanks, Susan!

Look how Chris lays down those warm colors throughout the painting as a base for everything else.  Those warms them peek through or shine through in places, even if he puts a lot of cools in later.





All of these photos
by Susan Grogan











The colors in the "white" house are so lovely.










20 students taking it all in!





If you want to view more of Christopher Leeper's work and get on his mailing list for a monthly newsletter, just go here.

It's November already!!!  Where did the autumn go?

4 comments:

jgr said...

Oh, these photos are great-Christopher is so talented! Thanks for sharing.

Debbie Nolan said...

Rhonda - these are lovely photos. How fortunate you were to attend one of his workshops. Truly amazing how he uses the warms and cools. Thanks for sharing.

Autumn Leaves said...

This in process piece of his is stunning, Rhonda. I'm surprised to see that he overlays warms with cools and how well it works.

RH Carpenter said...

I'm glad you've enjoyed seeing his paintings! He is very talented and knows his stuff - maybe it comes from teaching university students and students in his studio and in workshops.