Tuesday, October 2, 2012

FOTOFOCUS AT THE CARNEGIE

Friday, Sweetie and I drove up to Bethesda North Hospital and dropped off his 2 photos and my 2 paintings for the annual juried show at the Mary Jo Cropper Breast Health Center.  There were over 100 art works accepted, but the artist reception isn't until spring (no date yet so I assume we'll be notified when they choose a date). 

On the way back home, we stopped in at The Carnegie to see their exhibit which is a contribution to the tri-state wide FotoFocus exhibits going on this month.  I found quite a few beautiful things to enjoy, walking around the galleries in The Carnegie.  My favorites were works by Trinidad Mac-Auliffe and Paula Kraus.  If you have the time and are in the area, stop by and check out the exhibit.  There are exhibits at Northern Kentucky University and Notre Dame Academy and many of the art galleries in the Cincinnati area, too. 

For more information about the show at The Carnegie, see this link:
http://www.thecarnegie.com/galleries/gallery.php?page=current_show




4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Congrats to you and Jerry for getting into the show!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda - me thinks you had a good day with sweetie and soaking in all that great art. Don't you just love art shows!! Have a great day. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Dear Rhonda,
Just wanted to let you know that I am taking a break from blogging and closing my blogs. You have always been so kind to leave comments from time to time so wanted to let you know via e-mail I wish you all success with your own painting career.
Maggie Latham

RH Carpenter said...

There are some great photo exhibits around - enough to keep one busy every day/night for a while :) We just visited the one at Northern KY University last night and I'll report on that - one more we'd like to see before it ends!