Tuesday, July 3, 2012

POSTCARD FROM BRAZIL



I received this beautiful postcard from Ursula in Brazil!  It's so well painted free-hand without drawing, light and airy and spring-like to help cool me on these HOT HOT days.

Thank you, Ursula!!





Our visitor left yesterday evening and I'm going to be catching up for the next few days.  We all took a trip to the Chicago area during her stay with us, and visited more of Sweetie's family.  Fun trip but also HOT HOT HOT there.  We missed a horrid storm here at home:  limbs down in the yard when we came back Saturday and my sister said we had 70 MPH winds.

Sunday, we got to visit the kids and grands; and got to see the Carl Solway Gallery 50th Anniversary Year show featuring works by:
Josef Albers
Georges Braque
Alexander Calder
Marc Chagall
Jim Dine
Willem de Kooning
Claes Oldenburg
Nam June Paik
Judy Pfaff
Pablo Picasso
Hannah Wilke and many others - all artists who have shown in the Solway Gallery over the years (our son-in-law works there).

If you're visiting Cincinnati, check it out at 424 Findlay Street.  A chance to see the really high-end stuff (some amazing and wonderful, some just odd).

Students coming today and I just learned I'll have a new student joining us in August - what fun!





4 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, HOT girl Rhonda!
Sure you'll have fun with students in summer, even though we're in cold winter! Take care!!
Cheers, Sadami

Vicki Greene said...

It sounds like you are busy, busy, busy. Love that postcard!

Autumn Leaves said...

Wish I could have met up with you while you were in Chi-town area, Rhonda. And yes, it is miserably hot here, in the 100s of late. I long for autumn.

RH Carpenter said...

Ah, to have a little cool weather would be welcome, Sadami :) I know we all suffer from too much heat or too much cold!

Yes, Vicki, busy and still catching up but have to watch Wimbledon matches, too! ha ha

Sherry, I didn't recall you were in the area - but it was an all-family thing so no time to even visit the art museum (which I want to see again). I would like it if it would just drop 10 degrees - it would make a difference. Our grass is crunchy from the dry heat!

Happy 4th, everyone in the US today!