Monday, October 3, 2011

VIEWPOINT NATIONAL JURIED ART COMPETITION





This is the 3rd time I've entered Viewpoint, a national juried show held locally by the Cincinnati Art Club. 

This is the 2nd time I got in :) 


This is a big deal (70 paintings chosen from 355 entries), and I am very pleased and hope watermedia has a good showing again this year.




My painting
A Difference of Opinion
is the one the judge chose from 2 crow paintings.

It also won an Honorable Mention at the previous Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society show in the spring so I guess people like it as much as I do.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rhonda, Congrats....you deserve it.

Ann Buckner said...

Wonderful, Rhonda! Hope you do even better in this show!

Christiane Kingsley said...

Congratulations, Rhonda. It is a wonderful painting.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Maggie, Ann, and Christiane :) As the saying goes, "From your mouth to God's ear!" I have to take my painting in on Halloween - how appropriate for a couple of black as night crows!

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Rhonda,
WAY TO GO!! We're all expecting an award to cap off your selection.
Well Done!
Sincerely,
Gary.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you won the award and I hope you sale the painting! Great job!

Carol Blackburn said...

How wonderful Rhonda...best of luck. Your crow paintings are fabulous.

RH Carpenter said...

Well, Gary, it's up to the judge; I did my part! ha ha

Thanks, Carol and Rachel. Rachel, I would love to have a sale one of these days - it's been a long time since I sold anything at all.

Gaylynn said...

YAY!!!!! I am so glad we both made it in!!!! I LOVE "Difference of Opinion"!! My favorite painting of yours this year (because I know there are more to be seen). Congratulations!!

RH Carpenter said...

Gaylynn, I'm glad your painting got in too, and am looking forward to seeing it in person :) Good Luck to us Both!!

Chris Beck said...

Congrats, Rhonda!! That's a wonderful painting!! Definitely award-worthy in my opinion!!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Chris. It is one of my successes :)