Sunday, October 9, 2011

ART CLUB OUTING ON A BEAUTIFUL FALL DAY

Yesterday, 25 members of the Woman's Art Club of Cincinnati met at Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum for a brisk walk, or a slow stroll around to find a good spot and then some plein air painting or sketching from 9:30 - 11:30.  Then we had our meeting at noon at the Heritage Chapel and took a 1 1/2 hour tram ride around the grounds with a docent who shared the history of Spring Grove with us.  Here are some photos from the day.  It couldn't have been a more gorgeous autumn day.




















A couple of members who enjoy plein air...


<--- Deborah     and     Lynn -----^


















Today, Covington, KY is having their 7th Annual Street Arts Festival, Art Off Pike.  Another gorgeous day to walk around and view artworks from beading and jewelry work to painting and sculpture.  Stop over if you're in the area - it goes on from 11 am - 5 pm today only.

6 comments:

Gaylynn said...

Spring Grove is an awesome place to create!You had a beautiful day to paint.

jgr said...

Oh, what a beautiful day you had and it looks like a wonderful place!

hw (hallie) farber said...

Wow--some people really get an early start. Beautiful photos.

Green Mountain Realty said...

Nice scenery and what a day, thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Oh, darn it! I wish I would have read this post yesterday, I would have gone to the festival in Covington! It sounds like a wonderful weekend you had!

RH Carpenter said...

Yes, a beautiful site on a beautiful day, Gaylynn. Have to cherish each one now as I know the weather will soon get wet and cold.

Jane, it was gorgeous :)

Hallie, I like early starts - I feel like I get up and out before something puts me in a bad mood! ha ha I love the early morning now that I'm older, I guess.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment, Green Mountain.

Katherine, I wish you had seen it - it was much more impressive than I thought it would be = some outstanding artwork being shown and such a variety; good food, too! ha ha Put it one your calendar for next year as this is a yearly event and it gets bigger every year.