Friday, July 29, 2011

IMAGINARY LANDSCAPE

I'm still doing my homework for Suzanne McDermott's online class diligently.  I really didn't do a good job this past week but I'm blaming the migraine 2 days that week for not being able to focus and do a good job and/or to see well enough to know that my work looked fuzzy when I photographed it.  Oh, well.  We have gone into COLOR this week and are getting to know our paints, brushes and paper :)  But I still want to keep drawing and make it a practice I do and enjoy, not just something I do in order to get to the color.



Here's a little imaginary landscape I started while waiting for some color exercises to dry for the online class.  It needs some darks touched in here and there and perhaps a darker foreground.

This one is in my Arches travel pad, 6 x 10" 140# coldpress paper.

For the online course, we're using Strathmore Windpower Watercolor Pad (6 x 9) and it's a nice surface to work on - not exactly coldpress but not hotpress either. 

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

You seem like you are having a good time with this. That's great but where's our pollywog update....hmmmm. It's been three days if I remember correctly, they should all be looking pretty mature by this time. :)

Autumn Leaves said...

So pleasant and such gorgeous colors!

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Beautiful greens and variety of soft and hard edges that keep the eye flowing around!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Carol - update tomorrow!

Thanks, Autumn and Pam :)