Friday, January 21, 2011

HIDDEN MOON

Once again, the full moon was hidden on the night of the 19th - unseen beneath the clouds and coming winter storm.  But here are a few photos taken by Jerry in the past...





Thursday brough a major snow storm to our area - across the whole midwest and down into Kentucky.  Predictions of light flurries turning to serious and steady snow accumulating to 6 inches on the ground by Thursday evening were accurate.  However, our city trucks pretreated the roads several times before the snow started and then throughout the day so we had beautiful white fluffy snow on the ground and cars but the road was like a straight, black ribbon in the middle of it all.  Really very pretty.  Until about 3:30 when things began to get tricky and slushy and I was glad we didn't have to go out because you could no longer see the road.















I'll be finishing the still life and playing on the raven painting - when I'm not watching the Australian Open tennis matches (still rooting for Roger to win it all although really enjoyed the Bagdatis-Del Potro match!!!).

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Great moon shots, Rhonda. I had to work the night of the full moon and everything went true to form, literally all hell broke loose. Then on the way home I was in a slip and slide car accident less than 2 mi. from my home. That's just the way it is. Enjoy the match!

RH Carpenter said...

I hope you are okay and not too much damage to your car, Carol! I'm not sure when or where Jerry took these - probably just out in the front yard one night. I did see a bit peeking out last night after the storm clouds cleared.

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

It was clear here. Only had time for photos and was bummed that I could sit there and paint. There was a great reflection of the moon on the receding tide waters in the marsh.

RH Carpenter said...

Sorry you couldn't sketch it, Pam - but there's always next month :) I count on you to get out there and document the full moons!!