Wednesday, September 16, 2009

KING OF HEARTS - TA DA

While you're waiting for my Cumberland Collage painting to be finished (I'm still tweaking it a little at a time and using my red filter to see the values - I'm such a good girl on this one! ha ha)...here is the King of Hearts. I won't do anything more to him now. But who knows. In another month or so I may pull this one out of the finished pile and realize just what it needs to finish it off. The joy of yupo is you can continue to work on it...forever! The problem of yupo is you can continue to work on it...forever! ha ha






This is watercolor and grease pencil (wax pencil/China marker/whatever they are called) on yupo.












And just for fun, here are some closeups to show off the textures.


















7 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

The texture is amazing on this. I really have to give yupo a try.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Rhonda, your King of Hearts is delightful: he reminds me of a cuddly teddy bear.
The textures you achieved on the yupo are fantastic.

Ann Buckner said...

Like this Rhonda. Those textures are scrumptious. :)

Deb Léger said...

Mmmmmmmm, such rich and luscious texture and colour in this! I like how you say "the problem (and the joy) of yupo" - ROTFLOL. So true! The closeups really show both the colour and texture so well.

cathyswatercolors said...

Just so interesting.

Cathy Gatland said...

A worthy companion for his Queen! The colours and textures are terrific. I've washed off my first attempt on the yupo and getting inspired by you and Sandy to get adventurous with the next one... I can see this sheet will be well used!

RH Carpenter said...

Vicki, do try it - if you don't like it, you can wash it right back to white (if you didn't use staining colors and even then you can take it back to white with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser). Don't put wax anywhere you don't want it to stay...unless you want to scrub it off with alcohol later.
Thanks, Christiane (I love your name!) and Ann (I love YOU!).
You know just what I mean, Deb - the pros and cons! ha ha
Cathy and Cathy G - thanks for your comments on this one. Cathy G, I'm glad you're trying the yupo again - you can just keep using it over and over :)