Tuesday, September 29, 2009

CHECK'S IN THE MAIL + HEART MOTIF ATCS

My check to Manifest is in the mail today for my Life Drawing class which begins October 10th! YAY!

1. Blue Heart 2. Armored Heart 3. Swirls with Heart


And while sitting on the sofa (too long) while the TV played some 1/2 hour sit-coms, I made these little ATCs from materials I bought from Jerry's Artarama (a pack of 20 Strathmore Bristol paper - smooth surface + a pack of 20 Strathmore Illustration Board - lightweight vellum). I haven't tried to paint on either of these, just sketching with my Pitt Pens and coloring things in. I need some more vibrant colors of Pitt Pens, though, as these are all fairly muted (except for the yellow).

1. Black and White Hearts 2. Expanding Hearts



I may leave the left one without color.

As you can see, there is a heart motif here so they are Heart Motif ATCs. If you want one in trade, let me know. Otherwise, I may add them to pages of my Heart Journal.




I've got some errands to run today - have to mail out my SWAP painting today, too.

9 comments:

Ginny Stiles said...

Rhonda, I bought some blank ATCs last spring and left them in Florida. I'd like to try a few and then maybe I'll email you about a trade. These are so fun!

Barb Sailor said...

Love the Heart motif - I, of course am partial to Hearts since my full name is Barbara HART Sailor:) So - hearts always catch my attention and these are very well done. I never responded to your remark about my heart monitor experiences - I have an irregular heartbeat due to a small hole between the left and right ventricles which i was probably born with. They decided to let me go as long as possible without surgery - i take medication to help regulate the heartbeat which sometimes does and sometimes doesn't work - Oh Bother! As Winnie the Pooh would say! I hope that your problem is well on the way to being cured... It is certainly easy to lose sleep over this type of experience.

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

I love this set Rhonda, being my favourites 1 and 3, that blue is so beautiful and combined with the yellow make all the other muted colors work great, hope you keep on with this series :)

Ginny Stiles said...

Rhonda I also wanted to mention that I found another interesting post today on ATCs...take a look at Barb Lewis at http://www.wildhawkstudio.blogspot.com/. I was pretty intimated by hers!

jgr said...

Your heart ATC's are great! In my watercolor class we're going to work on ATCs today--I have always wanted to try them. I also love your collected hearts. Thank you for the comment, too.

Sandy Maudlin said...

So glad you're excited aboput the drawing classes. I'm looking forward to seeing your posts from class. Wondering if you have a book in the works with the heart cards? Such a great theme and focus, with beautifully flowing, dynamic designs.

RH Carpenter said...

Ginny, I'd love to trade when you get some done - I know you're on your way to Florida soon so we'll see what comes out of that warm weather :)
Barb, I would have hearts all around if my name was Hart :)
Thanks, Ginny, Barb, Teresa, Jane, and Sweet Sandy :) for your comments. I'm still plugging along with visions of anatomically correct and iconic hearts in my head.

Deb Léger said...

Great cards, Rhonda. I'll try and do a few and send them to you. Lucky you - going to a drawing class. I signed up for a life drawing class but there weren't enough people and it was cancelled. :-( Enjoy the class and have fun! YOu're going to do great!

RH Carpenter said...

So sorry your Life Drawing class didn't make it, Deb! I am lucky here in this area - there is so much art instruction, you just have to find the good stuff and do it. I'd love to have another or two of your art cards (I have 3 of the winter/snow-covered trees on rice paper still on my wall).