Sunday, May 31, 2009

TWO MORE LITTLE ART CARDS


Two more little art trading cards I did Friday evening. I put in the Inktense watersoluable ink pencil pencil color (they don't call them watercolor pencils for some reason). Then I wet the color and blended it with a small, damp brush.
My favorite is the skater, but my husband said, "Why'd you cut off her face?" Well, I was glancing down at the cover of my latest Jodi Picoult (one of my favorite authors) book and this was on it so...
my apologies to the photographer who took 2 photos for the cover of the book (the girl's face was curved around the curve of the book jacket so I just drew it like this). All of these - or most of them, anyway - will just be given away or traded.
And I found a piece of plexiglass still wrapped in blue paper that I am going to use with the Caran d'Ache crayons to make a little print - like Myrna Wacknov did on her blog recently.

Myrna was inspired by Belinda del Pesco (an artist who is always doing interesting prints with a variety of materials). I am going to Marilyn Bishop's house Friday and she is going to show me some neat things about printmaking she has learned, so I thought I'd play with that a while...I have a limited set, as you can see. Wonder what I can come up with?


4 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

Oh I will be watching with interest since I know that you are so generous to share your knowledge with us. I have this set of colors and haven't been sure of what to do with them.

RH Carpenter said...

You're too kind, Vicki! If you want to see some good artwork done this way, check out Belinda's work - always wonderful - and Myrna's last self-portrait (I couldn't believe she was brave enough to try this on a self portrait but it turned out pretty darned good).

Nava said...

Those cards are really fun. And I actually liked how you cropped the girl's face - it somehow adds a sense of movement

RH Carpenter said...

Nava, thanks. My husband didn't like it but I thought it helped show the movement - plus I didn't have to do a face! ha ha Lazy me...it is hard for me to do much that doesn't look child-like on these little cards. They seem to make me revert to second grade...