Friday, May 1, 2009

The Artist's Magazine: Chris Beck

My friend and artist, Chris Beck, is featured in the June 2009 issue of The Artist's Magazine! It is so much fun for me to see someone I "know" in one of my art magazines. Chris is wonderful and I love her art (and even won one of her paintings recently). She was in the magazine because she was a Still Life finalist in the 25th Annual Art Competition. Go over and check out her work, you won't be disappointed! I love her comments in the interview.

Jerry saw someone he knows in this recent magazine, too. He used to go to Northern Kentucky University to the art department to have a staff person make large prints for him. That staff person, Randel Plowman, creates collages, and has his own blog where he displays and shows them. Randel was always very nice to Jerry and very proficient - he knew what to do to get the best photographic display. His collages are pretty cool, too, and since NKU downsized (which means he was let go from the department), he could maybe use the look-see if you're interested...go over and check him out (sort of karma for his good deeds if he gets some sales).

I was going to post what I'd done on the flamingos but, instead had to suffer through a horrid migraine last night and today felt like I'd been run over by a truck so nothing created today except a quick drawing to place them. I should be back in the saddle tomorrow.

2 comments:

Chris Beck said...

Hi Rhonda,
I somehow missed this post in all the hassles with my dad's health problems. Thanks so much for your kind words here and for all the support you've given me.

RH Carpenter said...

You have had a lot on your plate, Chris (don't you just love that Brit saying?), so I understand my post wasn't a priority :) You know like BuzzLightyear and Woody sang in the movie, "You've got a friend in me..."
I used to teach autistic children one-on-one in their homes. Had a boy who would stand on a chair and say, "I'm Buzz Lightyear!" as loud as he could as a way to release tension. Sometimes we all need to destress that way - shout it out anyway you want.