Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Two Paintings, Two Ways

Well, since this painting changed on me as I was working on it, I just went with the flow. It is now called Marks and I like it so far.



The other one remained true to the original "idea" of a Downward Glance and I'm still slowly working in drybrush. It takes a while but for some reason I'm actually enjoying it and not rushing too much - although I think I'm getting too dark too fast so this may be a learning painting for drybrush. I'm unsure about colors to use to get the final fleshtones and shadows but I'll just use what I have and try to see those colors.





I probably should have gone to class Tuesday and let Sandy help me out but I really wanted to clean the house (that feeling happens so infrequently, I have to take advantage of it when it does!); then I got a migraine and then I just had to take it easy for a while - the migraine went away and I did get some cleaning done that was really needed.

2 comments:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Simply love the feel of the second portrait in this post. Im confused though as I remember commenting on your DROWNING IN POSSIBILITY works, as I remember saying how I thought the title was magnificent for the subject. Love the way it developed and finished. Also my commiserations for the migraine, as I have them too, so know how they can knock one out for hours if not days. Must have been the housework brought it on!!!!!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Joan. I'm doing this one 2 ways and seeing what turns out :) Drowning in Possibility was finished and I posted it the other day. I did keep that title but these are 2 different ones. Not sure what is confusing you?
I've been getting migraines since I was 21 and I won't tell you how many years that has been! And I thought the same thing - housework is bad for my head! ha ha