Sunday, November 23, 2008

Drowning in Possibility - Stage 3 and Final


I think this is the final. I'm not sure what else I want to do with this and I think it says what I want to say. If I do anything else, it will be to work on centering the mouth a bit more - seems like I let it move to her left side more than in the sketch and initial painting.

This is on Arches 300# coldpress and it's 1/2 sheet (15" x 22").


I've begun another - not sure of the title on this one but it will come to me so for now I'm calling it Downward Glance. This one will be 1/4 sheet - also Arches 300# coldpress.



Here's the preliminaries: the sketch, the transfer of the sketch onto the watercolor paper, and I'll start the painting tomorrow. I'm thinking I'd like to try this in a drybrush technique (maybe all that reading about Andrew Wyeth influenced me - but I know I don't have the patience so maybe a wash and then some drybrush...)













2 comments:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

You can do this, Rhonda! Drybrush or another techique. Whatever! I will look forward to seeing this one...Susan

Dawn said...

looking good Rhonda!

congrats to Jerry for his award!