Friday, March 21, 2008

Friday

For Christian people , it's Good Friday. For Jewish people, it's Purim. Sunday is Easter Sunday and Monday is Easter Monday (for those in Canada). Happy Holiday...Peace.

Here is the start of a little landscape I started on tyvek.




And a goofy "clown" I made on the uncoated tyvek using black ink swirled over a watercolor background and then pressed together so I got 2 identical sides. I'm not sure what to do with this tyvek or how to use it but I'll keep playing. It soaks through the paper and has so much texture but I want to try it without coating it (if you enlarge the clown you will see all the texture in the tyvek).


I've had a migraine all day today because I slept in this morning until 9:30!! Lazy - and now I'm paying for it :( Did you know that, if you are prone to migraines, you will get a migraine sometimes from nothing but a change in schedule (like getting up much earlier than normal or sleeping in much later than normal)? Did you know that, if you get a migraine and you haven't had much (or any) caffeine before getting it that having a strong cup of coffee and a chocolate will ease it?













5 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

Glad you painted after the headache. It's kind of nice to have a good excuse to head to Starbucks - or to the candy store. Not worth getting a migraine to do it, tho. Have a wonderful weekend.
Sandy

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Rhonda,

I can't tell if you are making your migraine cure of coffee and/or chocolate with your tongue in your cheek or not, but I will say when the optical aura begins for my migraines if I can down Tylenol with a cup of coffee right away I can head off the pain phase. It is when I wake up past the aura stage in the morning, with the headache already started, that I am in trouble! I have not tried the emergency chocolate (for medicinal purposes only, of course) but will try to have some around in case I need it in the future.

You learn all kinds of useful information on these blogs!

Susan

Deb Léger said...

I hope your headache is gone now, Rhonda. (I get a really sore back if I sleep in.)

I like the texture in the clown. It looks kind of like a fine rice paper. Will you paint on it again?

I can't wait to see what you do with the landscape! Nice soft start to it.

I hope you're having a nice holiday!

RH Carpenter said...

Yes, any excuse! haha
Susan, not tongue-in-cheek at all - if you start to get the aura you can have a strong cup of coffee and/or chocolate and sometimes it will ease up without meds - unless too much caffeine caused the migraine. Remember when they used to give us cafergot for migraines (ergotomine + caffeine) which was worse than the migraine at times?

RH Carpenter said...

Deb, I will paint on the uncoated tyvek again to see if I can come up with something to do on it that works well - I'm thinking of treating it like rice paper and doing a landscape - perhaps some redbud trees in bloom or something. You have to incorporate those thin lines throughout the paper.
Deb, why don't I have your blog on my blog??? Must have been a mistake but I don't think I have it listed - will check and remedy that right away!