Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday, September 13, 2007 - Bloom! Cropped

The dark center of Bloom! was dead center - so did a bit of cropping and if I mat and frame it, I will do it this way so that center isn't right in the middle (a definite no-no). Done with this now and on to two projects for the WatercolorWorkshop online group.
Project 1 = Wind Chimes: Photo taken by Sandy Maudlin for my use. I've always loved that blue glass wind chime she has outside her studio and she took a few photos for me to choose. I dropped misket (Pebeo Drawing Gum) over the thing and then sprayed it with water outward to make it run and move around the paper. That's as far as I've gotten with that.
Project 2 = Peaches: Photo taken by Gina Hall for the group use for the project. We all will be painting from this photo and it's always interesting to see what the different artists come up with. This one is on hotpress paper with some oxgall liquid in the water to help it run and blend. About 3/4 done on this one.

No comments: