Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday, Apr. 26, 2007 - Late Birthday Surprise


Well, look what I got in the mail - from Sandy Maudlin:

It's a card from artist Charlie Harper of a mama giraffe and baby (Sandy loves giraffes) and says I am now 1/4 of a year older! haha

I think I did a bad thing when I posted here that I didn't get anything for my birthday from Sandy in class - because since then she has given me a little foam roller (for use with Yupo paintings) and a little paint tray (which I actually used when painting the bathroom (yes, it has ONE COAT on the walls now! haha), and a Tombow pen (which is great for doing value studies). And then this arrived!

I'm not sure I want to be reminded that I'm now 50 1/4 years old :) but I love the card!

Sandy, if you're reading this, hon, you can stop now - you've more than made up for forgetting the birthday thing in January!! And now I need to check my older calendars and see when your next birthday is coming up...tick tock...tick tock...

Went out with Jenny today to celebrate her birthday (a week late but first time we 3 could get together on her day off). We went shoe-shopping and had a nice lunch out and I think she liked the portrait or she was just being nice :)

No comments: