Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday, November 18, 2006


Worked on Geisha 5 - Red Umbrella. The hands were too small. Now I think they are too big. I had to put gold gesso back on to cover the pencil marks that wouldn't come off the gold when I changed the position and size - grrrr. Oh, well. I will get it right - someday - I hope.

She reminds me of the Jerry Seinfield episode where his date had "man hands."













Will let this one sit a few days and look at it and work on it again. I knew this wasn't going to be an easy painting to do, but didn't think I'd have so many revisions - this must be how oil and acrylic painters feel...


While letting this one sit, I've begun a painting commissioned by another artist, Taylor Bush. This will be the 4th time I've painted this one and it's from a photograph taken from another watercolor artist friend, Carol Holt a.k.a. Dabs. These were her two peach-faced lovebirds before she moved to the Great North of Alaska, and the first painting was a gift to her. The second painting my Mom has - a birthday present to her; and the third painting Taylor purchased at a show I was in Spring 2006. It would make sense to have prints made of these guys since they are so popular!


Stage 1:


















No comments: