Thursday, July 29, 2021

THIS AND THAT


Another couple of small paintings done while watching and listening to Angela Fehr in the online course (which is, actually, over now).  

My landscapes need more practice to get used to trees, tree lines, grasses, etc.  It will come along after many more hours.











I am not the only person saddened by the fact that, once again, we are being asked to mask up (I never really stopped and am the only one in the grocery wearing a mask when I go, rarely.).  I got my vaccine.  I’m sick of this selfishness by others - it is making it hard to do anything but be sad or angry, but I’ll keep trying to work through it and painting helps - until it doesn’t.  So while I’m painting landscapes with bright, granulating colors and some good shapes, this is how I’m actually feeling…





 

5 comments:

jamesdalemoffitt@gmail.com said...

You bring joy and beauty to others. Thank You

laura said...

Such beautiful colors!
I completely agree--people's selfishness is unbelievable; they are endangering themselves and others. Though Delta seems to be scaring a lot of people into finally getting vaccinated.
Keep on keeping on!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much for those kind words, JD :).
Thanks, Laura. Living in Kentucky I find the daily frustration building from those who still say all this death and disease is made up/a hoax!!! I guess I thought humans were smarter than this and I keep thinking of the saying I’d heard years ago (probably from some comedian) about stupid people: Everybody out of the gene pool!!! These people might remove themselves from the gene pool if they continue on their chosen path. And the number who are in the news after almost dying saying, “I didn’t know it was real.” I am finding it hard to find compassion for others right now.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

It is tiresome, I agree. Sometimes I wonder if there are enough Darwin awards to go around... I am still masking although we have no restrictions really at all and numbers are going down. It's the no restrictions that worries me as I feel we might see the results of that in a few weeks so for now I will keep on until I feel better about it. I'm double vaxxed but not everyone is and that is all I can do. Besides I'm kinda used to people thinking I'm a bit odd anyway ;o)

Lets just 'keep on swimming' and painting together. Chin up buttercup and virtual hugs.

Oh and I agree wholeheartedly with JD!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Lisa. I get into these depressions sometimes and it almost seems normal right now to be sad and/or angry. But I’m trying and I’m working on it. Being odd is good!! I will put my tail in the water and keep on swimming…things will change.