Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Minerva Finished

Watercolor class Tuesday 10-2: with another good critique on where this painting stood, I was able to finish it off. I was thinking about a strong border as part of the painting so was glad when it was suggested.
Finished!






The blue outside the strong border is part of the painting.

Watercolor on Yupo, 16" x 20"

I used an unfinished figure drawing as the basis for this painting. It worked so well and was so much fun, I picked out another unfinished figure drawing for a second one which will be on another sheet of Yupo (also about 16" x 20").

You'll have to check in tomorrow to see the start of the new one, which I'm calling "Fem."




5 comments:

Nava said...

That. Is. So. Cool!!

The lines really do add a lot.

Congratulations on a great image!!

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

This does look finished well with that border. I like the flowing figure Minerva set amidst the geometrical shapes and the border. Looking forward to the next one!

Ann Buckner said...

How neat to use your figure drawing as a basis for the painting. I like the way you finished the painting.

Deb Léger said...

Love it, Rhonda! Especially the border and the background and like Ann said, how cool to use your figure drawing as a basis for this!!! And on yupo at that!!! Wow!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Nava, Susan, Deb and Ann! I'm thinking, on Sandy's suggestion, of trying to get this one in a juried show this fall. Of course, by then, I'll have another dozen others painted I like better!