Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday, September 27, 2007 - Profile Sketch

Did this sketch from Michael R. Britton's online lessons at http://www.artacademy.com. I recommend these online (free) lessons to get you started at seeing and drawing the portrait. Each month, he emails you another one - I am very far behind, since this is September 06, but I am working through each one and not skipping any - some take longer to finish and give me more problems. It is not easy to get a correct likeness and I don't think I accomplished it here but I'm still trying (the upper lip still juts out too much but I'm not getting the jutting look to his whole "muzzle" area right and I keep fiddling so extra eyes will help).
His photo and lesson is to show how to sketch the profile. I started this last night and finished it this morning, seeing more things to work on and the nose really gave me fits. Well, first the nose, then the mouth, then the upper lip, then the eyes... :)

No comments: