Monday, February 5, 2024

I’m Back

 I just looked at my blog, which I have not posted to since 2022 (?) and saw that some of my favorite artists are still posting to their blogs.  I miss them.  And Facebook just makes one rush through without reading much or doing anything but glancing and Liking something…so I think I’ll try to get back to my blog again.  I have been creating since my portrait class but no one here sees that if they don’t go onto Facebook.  

So, here’s my first post:

While looking through Youtube videos, I saw something interesting by Kelly Hoernig.  She took the idea from the book, Color In and Out of the Garden (by Lorene Edwards Forkner), who (I think) took the idea from the book, Local Color (by Mimi Robinson) - yes, we “steal” from each other and make things our own as we go (I hope).

So…got out a small Stillman & Birn watercolor sketchbook and some natural things I’d collected in my little art room…and did a few of these.




Hope you like them.  A few more to come next post.

And, after being away for months, I still remembered how to post to Blogger - yeah, me! Ha ha. 


3 comments:

laura said...

Welcome back, Rhonda! I look forward to your explorations!
I really like Local Color and want to start making those grids of colors-- it seems to me to be a great way to really observe your subject. And learn new color mixes.
These are great, and inspiring. Bet you had fun making them.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Did you hear a rather loud SQUEEEEEEE!!!! I did a double take when your blog popped up on my feed and then did a happy dance. Ooohhh you have been missed! I just can't get the hang of facebook and have missed 'seeing' you. So glad you are still painting and looking forward to your posts, best wishes.

RH Carpenter said...

So glad we can still communicate and watch our art explorations again. I will be posting a few times a week, I think. And have some things to show that I’ve done in the past months. Thanks for returning to comment, Laura and Lisa!!