Saturday, October 1, 2022

THE GIRL WITH A FISH IN HER HAIR

 


This would have looked cleaner if I’d planned to put the clownfish in before painting her hair.  As it was, I lifted out a large section of her hair after it was painted, painted in the clownfish, then painting in strands of hair around it.  I think she looks happy to be a pretty girl with a fish in her hair = quite unusual! ha ha


I have 2 more Domestika.com courses to do (artist/teacher Sarah Stokes online course on birds and then another on animals).  I am enjoying these courses = little mini lessons that kickstart me into painting when I’m not feeling the inspiration inside and there are some good teachers and courses in Domestika - plus they are very reasonably priced.  I just got 3 courses for less than $25!!  You get to keep the lessons after you’re done, too, so you can return to them again if you need refreshing with the technique or style.  Now, I have been painting for years (not 20 years but quite a few years) so I don’t really need these lessons - but they are still fun and you get a chance to see how other artists work (especially if you are still not comfortable going out to an in-person class or workshop).  


2 comments:

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Her smile is infectious! This is such a happy collection of paintings and I love the theme! Best wishes and happy painting.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Lisa. It’s funny how they just wanted to be merfolk!! ha ha.