Saturday, October 15, 2022

SKTCHY CHALLENGE - 30FACES30DAYS - STILL WORKING

 


Day 7 Challenge

Teacher = Alyssa Wolber (the photo is of her daughter - about 10 year’s ago) and she wanted us to do a monochrome in just 2 blues (you know I love my blues so that was fine by me).







Day 8 Challenge

Teacher = Kyle Legaspi

I made this one my own by keeping his eyes very golden and giving him a golden shirt (just Quinacridone Burnt Orange with water dropped in as is was drying to create the texture). 






Day 9 Challenge

Teacher = Rik Reimert

I’m finding that I want to make these paintings more mine by changing things from what the instructor does.  I thought he looked like he was looking up towards something - guidance, assistance, perhaps sending a prayer up.  So I left that light block there.  The teacher had his black all around and made his face much darker but I like my version with the light shining on him.  


1 comment:

laura said...

Again, love them all! The monochrome is wonderful. And I agree: even, when you are taking a class, you want to learn, yes, but you also want to do what you are inspired to do! Thank you for the reminder--I sometimes forget in classes that I can do what I want!