Tuesday, June 7, 2022

ANNIVERSARY CARDS FOR SWEETIE

 


A painting of a baby mockingbird (from a photo by Sweetie) for our Anniversary - 27 years!









This one began as a watercolor on a card but I ruined it - so took out the acrylics and painted over it.  Sweetie liked it and wondered why I don’t paint in acrylics more often.  The answer is because I love watercolors and the look of watercolors + I always end up with acrylic paint on myself (clothes, up my arms, under fingernails, etc.) when I paint with acrylics so I don’t like the mess (and don’t like to paint wearing latex gloves).  But I’m glad he liked this one.  When you rarely use a medium, you don’t get really good at it so acrylics are more for printmaking and playing around at times.  

3 comments:

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

A very happy anniversary, wishing you both a wonderful day.

laura said...

Love your mockingbird's attitude. And the colors in the flower card are very appealing.
A Happy (Belated) Anniversary to you and your "Sweetie"!

Jennifer Rose said...

happy belated anniversary 😀