Monday, November 11, 2019

FRUITY



I did the next lesson in the Val Webb online course.  A fruit bat in a banana plant.  I have seen fruit bats in trees in Australia.  They are called flying foxes because they are really cute with fox-like faces and are a reddish color.  There were hundreds in the trees in a park we visited in Cairns and when evening came, they all starting flying around - amazing!  Really cute little things, too.

As per my usual, I got too heavy-handed with this little one and the banana.  So I decided to try again, with just the flying fox and keep my touch as light as I could - not easy for me!  I think we all have our own artist touch and that could be light or dark or in between (Sweetie says I even write with a heavy hand, so I guess that's just me).  

But I will try this one again.  Isn't he cute, sleeping there beside his favorite plant? 


5 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

they are cute animals, you did a great job with his textured fur :)

Chris Lally said...

Yes, he is VERY cute!!!

Sadami said...

Dear Rhonda, indeed, so lovely work! Come over, you can see them. Cheers, Sadami

Debbie Nolan said...

What a great sketch of a cute subject. Loved seeing your photos too of looking for fall colors. Once again autumn moved so quickly into winter (we have snow today)...hope we get some Indian Summer. Take care and have a delightful week. Hugs!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Jennifer, Laurie :) and Chris, Sadami and Debbie. I liked him a lot and love fruit bats (Sadami I haven't seen any since Australia years and years ago but still remember how suprised I was that they were cute).