Thursday, July 9, 2015

CLASSWORK


On Tuesday I had three students.  I showed them how to use The Elegant Writer pen to outline their drawing and then bleed it out before adding color.  All three students did really well with three very different photos/paintings.  Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of them.  I will try to do that next time when they return to finish their paintings.

My finished one on a fourth sheet of Arches 300# cold press paper.  (While the lily pads are accurate, in color, the water is more dark green and violet - sometimes the camera just does not get the right colors no matter how much I manipulate the white balance while shooting the photo.)  

I have another started on Arches 140# hot press, going to see if it makes a difference what kind of paper you use for this technique.


12 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda - this painting with the elegant writer is wonderful. I am enjoying seeing how you are working with this new tool. Hope you are having a great summer day.

Lorraine Brown said...

Use of the pen and your composition gives this quite a modern contemporary feel Rhonda, I loke it

Lorraine Brown said...

oops meant to type "like"

Autumn Leaves said...

This is just gorgeous, Rhonda. I confess that my two favorite paintings you've done are those in which you've used this technique!

Unknown said...

It's wonderful, I like it very much Rhonda! :)

E.M. Corsa said...

Lovin' this Rhonda. I have to get one of these and give it a try!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Debbie, Lorraine and Sherry. Glad you like it - you apparently like the illustrative, clean look to paintings :)

Thanks, Tinna and Elizabeth. Elizabeth, do try it, it's fun!

Jennifer Rose said...

always a good feeling when you have students who do well :)

Joyce Washor said...

Have you considered doing a video of that technique? Would love to see it. Have to look up that pen! Thanks!

RH Carpenter said...

Yes, it makes me smile for days knowing they did well and they liked what they did - hope that continues through the completion of this lesson and technique, Jennifer Rose :)

Joyce, I don't have the skill or the time, I guess, to do a video!! ha ha

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Very nice! And nice to hear your students did so well too.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Carol. I was very pleased for my students!