Monday, July 13, 2015

BEGINNING OF HYDRANGEA MOVING FORWARD BIT BY BIT


Adding the yellow (Hansa Yellow Light which looks a bit greenish - more so than the Azo Yellow I had on my palette).  

By adding the bright yellow, it changed the look of the whole thing as far as the photo is concerned = it looks more warm now overall.  I'll be slowly adding the petals, one by one, as I move through this one.  It will be slow going, I'm sure.





So the actual painting is somewhere in between the top and bottom photos...the background is Moonglow + Zoisite Genuine (a dark dark green) so a deep purple with cerulean and pinks coming out in the wet-in-wet plus the deep granulating green-brown.  Strange how different these two look.  Guess I'll get a true photo when it's more finished.




Two shows are coming up soon, and I'm not even sure I'm going to enter either one.  If I do want one or two in the show in August, I have to get something to the framer's shop.    



6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Looking gorgeous and while you say the background is probably between the two, I'm loving that navy color in the second photo!

Unknown said...

I'm getting really curious Rhonda :)
Can't wait to see it finished!

Have a beautiful day!
Tinna ✐

Bruce Sherman said...

Hi there Rhonda!... Slow n' easy wins the race! Taking shape nicely! "Petal" yer way slowly... and enjoy the process. The product will evolve as it should!

Good Painting!
Warmest regards,
Bruce

Jennifer Rose said...

looking good :D

petal by petal...could be worse, could be a peony lol :)

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

So excited to see one of your gorgeous hydrangea paintings in progress.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Sherry. Not sure why the bg became navy like that - my camera is not the high-end kind and I'm usually happy with it but sometimes it just will not get the right colors.

Thanks, Tinna and Bruce (slow and steady!!)

Jennifer Rose, thanks so much - yes, it could be a very complicated peony or dahlia or....!!

Carol, thanks, glad you're liking it so far.