Tuesday, July 1, 2014

SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO PLAY A BIT


Sometimes you have to get away from things that must be done and just put something down on paper, playing with color, tone, value.  I even got out the walnut ink and bamboo pen and used a large stick of water soluble graphite, too.  

Pedestalled Crow

Walnut ink, water soluble graphite on Arches 140# cold press paper




Walnut ink, watercolor ink, watercolor on Arches 140# cold press paper

This one is odd, but it is just playing with shapes and colors.

Fire Eater





Happy 1st of July

5 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda - I like how you play and I do this quite often too. Especially with ink...it can be great fun. Have never used walnut ink but need to put that on my list of needs (lol)! Have a beautiful first day of July.

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

It's JULY! yikes. Looks like you had fun just playing. Work has been sucking the life out of me. I'm looking forward to the long weekend and hope to play with my paints then too.

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

It's JULY! yikes. Looks like you had fun just playing. Work has been sucking the life out of me. I'm looking forward to the long weekend and hope to play with my paints then too.

PaintedSouvenirs said...

Oh, how I love your art, Rhonda. It always bring a smile on my face.

Autumn Leaves said...

When you let yourself go, all of your work is truly gorgeous, Rhonda. You think outside the box and I love that! Both pieces are wonderful and as always, I picture them framed in a room with certain colors and pieces of furniture...sigh...