Friday, May 9, 2014

ROSEATES



Here is the first painting, cut back to get rid of the tree, and all that green behind it.  I have the drawing done on 19 x 24 tracing paper and will transfer that, along with the 2nd drawing, onto a large sheet of Arches (I have a roll I may use and just cut it to the length I want).


And the second small study (fourth sheet = 11 x 15 inches), is beginning.  



I used Pebeo Drawing gum to mask and splatter and when that dried, I rubbed some areas off, leaving open spaces in larger masked areas (if that makes any sense).  In essence, I broke up the large masked shapes so there are small holes in them making them more airy.  Hope it looks good when I remove the masking (after I paint the bird).


I have the second full drawing done - now just have to think of how to best combine them and make them sort of "in your face" coming towards you with water splashing everywhere...

Have a great weekend.  Mother's Day = Sunday.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Great job on the first piece, Rhonda! I think this second start will be even more fabulous as you've got gorgeous colors and effects for that water!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much for the supportive comments, Sherry! I'm hoping the second study turns out - and if it doesn't, that I learn things I can use on the bigger version.