Monday, May 19, 2014

ROSEATE SPOONBILL - ANOTHER



Traced the drawing onto the Arches 140# cold press paper.  Then began with the background.  I didn't know exactly what I was going to do - or how I wanted the background to look but wanted greens in cool and warm colors.  Stopped at the water line/reflecting part and put in a touch of the pink that will be the reflection.



Then worked a bit more.

Unfortunately, at this stage, the painting is telling me, "You can't do this."  I think we all get to that stage in a painting - someone once called it the teenage stage!  

I know I want to soften those hard lines in the outspread wing (some, not all), and get a good straight line between the water above and the water below.  We'll see where it goes...

Have a great week!


3 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Rhonda - I think this is really extraordinary...love the shades of green you used in the water - very complimentary to that lovely pink. Good luck in getting through the teen-age stage!! (LOL). Have a great week.

Autumn Leaves said...

It is looking amazing, Rhonda. I love the bill and the colors.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much for the comments, Debbie and Sherry.